- Planning and Facilitating Research Projects in the field of Astronomy, with the purpose of providing the tools necessary for astronomy education, discovery and research utilizing Remote Robotic Telescopes in various locations around the world. Work with Insight Observatory to design custom classroom astronomy lessons that coincide with your teaching curriculum.
- Astronomical Telescope for Educational Outreach (ATEO) - Coming in June 2017! Insight Observatory's 16" f/3.5 Astrograph imaging telescope will be available for hourly or nightly rentals. Image deep-sky objects such as galaxies, star clusters, and nebulae remotely from the dark skies and high elevations of New Mexico using your personal computer. Are you a student participating in an astronomy education research project? We will also be offering special educational rates to universities, colleges as well as private and public schools. As mentioned above on this page, Insight Observatory can assist with planning and the facilitating of research projects.
- Public Education in Astronomy, which includes:
- Visual Observing Programs - Insight Observatory offers customized observing programs for schools, colleges, Boy and Girl Scout troops of all levels as well as the general public. These programs are held at Kohout-Dingley Observatory in Kingston, MA that houses an 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope.
- Remote Imaging - Learn how to acquire stunning images of the night sky using a remote robotic telescope equipped with a CCD imaging camera. You will learn how to image galaxies, star clusters, comets and nebulae from the comfort of your own computer with a one-on-one lesson with an Insight Observatory staff member via Skype.
- Public Stargazing and Observing Sessions - This service provides Insight Observatory staff members with telescopes traveling to, or near your location for an event. This a great option for those not wanting to travel to the observatory with a large group. We currently offer monthly stargazing sessions (April thru November) that are free to the public in conjunction with the Cotuit Library at Lowell Park in Cotuit, MA.
- Private Star Parties - Planning a family reunion or business conference in the area? Want to throw a unique birthday party or host a special event? Book Insight Observatory for a night of stargazing with our roaming "Star Bar". Private star parties are accompanied with fine wine and cheese pairings. These events are available for reserving on many nights during the fall, spring and summer and typically run 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Deep Sky Image Database - Browse our growing database of deep-sky images taken via remote robotic telescope systems by the staff of Insight Observatory located in the dark-sky areas of New Mexico, Arizona, and Australia. These images are available for purchasing for the exclusive use for your own publications. All proceeds from purchases go towards funding the Astronomical Telescope for Educational Outreach (ATEO).
- General Consulting - Looking for the proper astronomy equipment for your educational institution or private use? The Project Developers at Insight Observatory have more than 60 years of experience in the field of astronomy between them that includes extensive knowledge of different types of telescopes, imaging devices and their accessories that would suit the needs for your particular astronomy program. Looking to install or upgrade an existing observatory and/or telescope system? Our staff can provide you with the proper design and implementation for these types projects as well.
For more questions and information regarding Insight Observatory's services, please contact us on our Contact form or email us directly at email@example.com and we will be sure to get back to you within 24 business hours.